If you are an Artist or an Eclipse developer, this message is for you!
Art is an integral part of how we define ourselves and our relationship with each other and the world. It is a mediator between the conceptual and the sensorial, the physical and the virtual. As the Internet of Things (IoT) and other technologies become more ubiquitous, Art can serve as a bridge between technology and the general public. This bridge can be built by creating dialogue and consciousness, ultimately informing our social decisions which will shape our collective future.
Adaptation is a competition and an event aiming in demonstrating the coexistence of art and technology, utilizing the Internet of Things as means to sense and visualize both the physical and the virtual world. The event is scheduled to take place in Berlin, Germany during the summer of 2017. The competition is open for artists and technologists to work together and co-create.
Call to Artists
- Quantified Self
- Interactive Spaces
- Environment & Data
- Smart Cities
- July 22, 2017: contest launch first day of the GET-D event in Berlin and call for proposals open
- September and November 2016: two Q&A sessions for artists
- First Hangout: September 23 at 12 PM CET.
- Second Hangout: November 11 at 6 PM CET; sign-up here.
- November 30, 2016: submission deadline
- December 2016: winners announced
- July 2017: art projects will be presented in Berlin
If you are an Eclipse developer, you have a unique chance to share your skills and be a part of this great adventure. Read more and get involved!
If you are an Artist, you have a great opportunity to express yourself in an area which is surrounding us more and more.
We are very excited about this great initiative and look forward to seeing you at the Get-D event on July 22 for the launch!