[Overview] – [Important Dates] – [Eligibility] – [Call Material] – [FAQ]
This Open Call is now closed
The AGILE IoT consortium is looking for companies to evolve and enhance their unique gateway software and find new hardware applications for it. The selected applicants will receive a subgrant (equity-free) of 50.000€.
The AGILE IoT project emphasizes widespread and sustainable use of resources by involving 3rd parties who will integrate AGILE software and hardware components into their products. We are looking for companies that can deliver functional prototypes that can be released to the market and who can provide us with a viable business plan.
Launch Open Call 1: October 1, 2017 Deadline Open Call 1: October 31, 2017, 23h59 CET (Brussels time).
Total amount of funding: 400,000 €. Maximum 8 companies will be selected for a sub-grant of 50,000 € each.
Who can apply: the open call is addressing IoT Hardware and software developing SMEs, entrepreneurs and start-ups. It is aimed at both hardware and software related projects that will be using the Agile IoT stack.
Where to apply: https://www.f6s.com/opencall1agile
Where to start: Guide for Applicants [PDF]
Who to contact for a question: opencall [AT] agile-iot [DOT] eu
The goal of the open calls is to:
- Field test the AGILE outcomes from a market exploitation and pragmatic development perspective,
- maximize project impact by engaging external entities (startups and/or SMEs) to build solutions on top of AGILE software and hardware.
The first Agile IoT Open Call aims to foster and further the creation of an ecosystem surrounding the AGILE solutions. In particular from the hardware point of view, applicants will be required to exploit AGILE hardware modularity and extend its capabilities. From a software point of view, applicants will be required to exploit AGILE development environment and implement specific business logic, analytics software, new added value services, management and maintenance solutions, etc., which enhance their core value proposition in the IoT domain while also demonstrating value for usability of AGILE software solutions. Successful applicants may also extend the existing pilots with additional deployments and with the establishment of new-ones.
- Open Call 1 opens: October 1 2017
- Open Call 1 closes: October 31 2017, 23h59
- Eligibility Check: November 1-3, 2017
- Project Reviews: November 6-10, 2017
- Invitation Pitch and communication: November 15, 2017
- e-Pitch sessions: November 21, 2017
- Selection of top 8 projects: November 28, 2017
- Communication to 8 selected projects: November 30, 2017
- Start of selected projects execution: January 1, 2018
- First Quarterly check-up for selected projects: March 2018
- Final check-up for selected projects: June 2018
Proposers will only be eligible to receive a sub-grant under the rules of the Horizon 2020 program. Especially the following criteria are crucial to receive EU sub-granting via the Agile IoT project. You are required to have a legal entity when receiving funding, and proposals must be submitted in English.
- European SMEs or other legal entities are defined in the European Commission REGULATION (EU) No 1290/2013, Art. 2.1(13) “’legal entity’ means any natural person, or any legal person created and recognised as such under national law, Union law or international law, which has legal personality and which may, acting in its own name, exercise rights and be subject to obligations”.
- Submission retained for funding must come from startups and/or SME’s from the European Union or associated countries (Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Israel, Moldova, Switzerland, Faroe Islands, Ukraine, Tunisia, Georgia, Armenia).
The following materials are available for download to assist applicants in preparing their submissions:
- Applicants Guide and call manual [View PDF] (contains all information, eligibility criteria, evaluation criteria and submission template)
- Overview Presentation [View PDF]
For any question, please start with our FAQ