[Overview] – [Important Dates] – [Eligibility] – [Call Material] – [FAQ]
The AGILE IoT consortium is looking for companies to evolve and enhance their unique gateway software and find new hardware applications for it. The selected applicants will receive a subgrant (equity-free) of 50.000€.
The AGILE IoT project emphasizes the widespread and sustainable use of resources by involving 3rd parties who will integrate AGILE software and hardware components into their products. We are looking for companies that can deliver functional prototypes that can be released to the market and who can provide us with a viable business plan.
- Launch Open Call 2: February 1, 2018
- Deadline Open Call 2: March 30, 2018, 17h00 CET (compare timezone here)
Total amount of funding: 400,000 €. Maximum 8 companies will be selected for a sub-grant of 50,000 € each.
Who can apply: the open call is addressing IoT Hardware and software developing SMEs, entrepreneurs, and start-ups. It is aimed at both hardware and software related projects that will be using the Agile IoT stack.
Where to apply: https://www.f6s.com/opencall2agile/
Where to start: Guide for Applicants [View PDF]
Who to contact for a question: Join the Eclipse AGAIL mailing list then send your questions to the group.
The goal of the open calls is to:
- Field test the AGILE outcomes from a market exploitation and pragmatic development perspective,
- maximize project impact by engaging external entities (startups and/or SMEs) to build solutions on top of AGILE software and hardware.
The second Agile IoT Open Call aims to foster and further the creation of an ecosystem surrounding the AGILE solutions. In particular from the hardware point of view, applicants will be required to exploit AGILE hardware modularity and extend its capabilities. From a software point of view, applicants will be required to exploit AGILE development environment and implement specific business logic, analytics software, new added value services, management and maintenance solutions, etc., which enhance their core value proposition in the IoT domain while also demonstrating value for usability of AGILE software solutions. Successful applicants may also extend the existing pilots with additional deployments and with the establishment of new ones.
- Open Call 2 opens: February 1, 2018
- Open Call 2 closes: March 30, 2018, 17h00 CET
- Eligibility Check: April 2-4, 2018
- Project Reviews: April 5-12, 2018
- Invitation Pitch and communication: April 13, 2018
- e-Pitch sessions: April 18, 2018
- Selection of top 8 projects: April 20, 2018
- Communication to 8 selected projects: April 23, 2018
- Start of selected projects execution: May 2018
Proposers will only be eligible to receive a sub-grant under the rules of the Horizon 2020 program. Especially the following criteria are crucial to receive EU sub-granting via the Agile IoT project. You are required to have a legal entity when receiving funding, and proposals must be submitted in English.
- European SMEs or other legal entities are defined in the European Commission REGULATION (EU) No 1290/2013, Art. 2.1(13) “’legal entity’ means any natural person, or any legal person created and recognised as such under national law, Union law or international law, which has legal personality and which may, acting in its own name, exercise rights and be subject to obligations”.
- Submission retained for funding must come from startups and/or SME’s from the European Union or associated countries (Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Israel, Moldova, Switzerland, Faroe Islands, Ukraine, Tunisia, Georgia, Armenia).
The following materials are available for download to assist applicants in preparing their submissions:
- Applicants Guide and call manual [View PDF] (contains all information, eligibility criteria, evaluation criteria and submission template)
- Overview Presentation [View PDF]
For any question, please start with our FAQ