In some cases, it is difficult to explain the added value of a technology unless you are deeply involved in the area concerned. For the AGILE project, things seem much easier. The AGILE approach is domain agnostic so the diverse pilots have both multi-domain context and societal impact: they speak to us, for example, because they are related to our everyday life (retail, healthcare or pollution environment) or because they may impact future approaches to world animal protection.
AGILE will also help to enable community participation by piloting an IoT testbed that will allow users to evaluate their applications before deployment.
The project plans to execute 5 pilot projects:
- Pilot A – Management of QuantifiedSelf data and apps
- Pilot B – Open Field & Cattle monitoring using UAVs (Drones)
- Pilot C – Air quality & Pollution monitoring
- Pilot D – Enhanced Retail services
- Pilot E – Port Area Monitoring for Public Safety